10.6.4. Adjustment of a clamp of the lock of a door of a luggage carrier
The clamp of the lock of a door — the important detail influencing for work of various components of a door of a luggage carrier, and its wrong adjustment can lead to the big expenses for repair. If the clamp of the lock of a luggage door is not subject to repair, it should be replaced with a similar detail with identical number under the catalogue. Do not use interchangeable details or details with the worst quality. The established size of the moment of an inhaling apply during repeated assemblage to be convinced of appropriate fastening of a detail.
The loop of the lock of a door fastens two screws screwed in a plate with regulating grooves, located in a corresponding rack of a body. The plate allows to regulate a clamp, moving it upwards or downwards. The luggage carrier door is protected in the closed position when the door-lock plug seizes and pulls together a lock clamp.
Adjustment forward/back or inside/outside
Clamp adjustment in directions forward and back or inside also is outside necessary at: damage of a frame of the car at collision; to installation of new sealants of a door; to the complaint of the owner of the car to excessive noise of a wind either difficult opening or door closing. For appropriate adjustment of a clamp of a door of a luggage carrier in directions forward and back or inside and outside:
- Check up door position in relation to the next elements of a body;
-oslabte screws of fastening of a clamp;
- Move a plate with a regulating groove to demanded position, using tips of screws of a clamp;
- If at adjustment it is necessary to shift a plate more than the extended aperture allows, use electric manual сверлилку and the manual grinding car with a flat head for aperture increase in a necessary direction;
- Tighten clamp screws in correct position.
It is very important to use the grinding car with a flat head not to damage a plate. Screws of a clamp and a plate with a regulating groove — the important fixing details influencing the important components and systems.
Check up position of a door of a luggage carrier in relation to the next elements of a body.
Close a luggage carrier door so that the lock plug adjoined to a clamp.
Stand near to an opening door and move a door slowly forward and back, each time hardly adjoining loops.
Alignment of a plug of the lock and clamp easily considerably. The lock plug should be perpendicular to the bottom part and to the clamp middle between an average rack and the clamp end.
For adjustment of a door of a luggage carrier in directions upwards and downwards:
Fig. 10.100. An arrangement of screws (1) and linings (2) for adjustment of position of a clamp of a door of a luggage carrier upwards/downwards
- Remove a lining 2 to move a clamp in a direction to the bottom part of the car;
- Establish a lining on 2 mm more thickly to move a clamp in a direction to the top part of the car;
- Tighten screws of fastening of a clamp.