10.6.3. Adjustment of a clamp of the lock of a door
The clamp of the lock of a door — the important detail influencing for work of the important components and systems also can lead to the big expenses for repair. If repair is necessary, it is necessary to replace a clamp of the lock of a door with a similar detail with identical number under the catalogue. Do not use interchangeable details or details with the worst quality. The established size of the moment of an inhaling apply to repeated assemblage to be convinced of appropriate fastening of a detail. The clamp of the lock of a door consists of a loop with two screws screwed in a plate with adjustable grooves, located in a corresponding rack of a body. The plate allows to regulate easily a clamp, moving upwards or downwards. The door is protected in the closed position when the door-lock plug seizes and pulls together a lock clamp.
Close a door, check up its position concerning adjacent surfaces. Check up backlashes between doors of the car both forward and back wings; if necessary adjust position of doors.
At the closed door the backlash on its perimetre should be uniform on all length.
The door should be levelled properly.
Close a door so that the lock plug adjoined to a clamp.
Stand at an opened door and move a door slowly forward and back, each time hardly adjoining a clamp.
It is possible to see alignment of a plug of the lock and a clamp easily. The lock plug should be perpendicular to the bottom part and to the clamp middle between an average rack and the clamp end.
If adjustment forward or is necessary back, execute following actions:
Fig. 10.98. An arrangement of screws (1) and linings (2) for adjustment of position of a clamp forward/back
- Remove a lining 2 to move a clamp in a direction to a back part of the car;
- Establish a lining on 2 mm more thickly to move a clamp in a direction to a forward part of the car;
- Tighten screws of fastening of a clamp.
Adjustment upwards/downwards and inside/outside
Clamp adjustment in directions upwards and downwards or inside also is outside necessary at: damage of a frame of the car at collision; to installation of new sealants of a door; to the complaint of the owner of the car to excessive noise of a wind either difficult opening or door closing.
For appropriate adjustment of a clamp of a door in directions upwards and downwards or inside and outside:
- Check up door position in relation to the next elements of a body;
-oslabte screws of fastening of a clamp;
Fig. 10.99. Directions of moving of a clamp at adjustment of position of a door
- Move a plate with a regulating groove to demanded position, using tips of screws of a clamp (fig. 10.99
- If at adjustment it is necessary to shift a plate more than the extended aperture allows, use electric manual сверлилку and the manual grinding car with a flat head for aperture increase in a necessary direction;
- Tighten clamp screws in correct position.
It is very important to use the grinding car with a flat head not to damage a plate. Screws of a clamp and a plate with a regulating groove — the important fixing details influencing components and systems.